Saturday, December 13, 2008

Welcome!

"I'll never have a blog..."

That's what I used to say... but I had a hard time trying to find arguments against a free website... so there...

Anyway... as the title of my blog says, I honestly believe that art has existed and will continue to exist without us... we are no more than the universe's artistic medium...

That being said... I concede to you that having a website that promotes my own art is ironic and/or contradictory and I've made my peace with it...


I work with stencils of any and every picture that inspires me whether it's a classic image, an unknown photo, my own snapshot or one provided by someone else... I started with broken skateboards as canvas because it represents one of my loves and I had easy access to a lot of them and later moved on to other types of materials depending on what I could get my hands on...

I also work mostly with black and white because I am color blind... I could have given a deep philosophical explanation about contrasts (I have one!) but I'd rather be honest and straightforward... I use color on occasion but rarely multiple colors simultaneously... I truly hope you enjoy my work as much as I enjoy creating it... Feel free to leave a comment whether it's positive or negative... Feel free to follow this blog or not... Feel free to contact me personally at p.summind@gmail.com if you'd like to make an offer on any one of the pieces posted here or if you're interested in having some custom work done... I'd love to make a unique portrait for you or give a fresh twist to your favorite poster or picture...

I will be posting new work here as it comes to life... unless otherwise specified, everything is up for sale...

So to make a long story short... WELCOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment