Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zhang Ziyi

I have a new website!!
Please click this link to find more up to date work!


Thank you!!


Zhang Ziyi
Spray Paint Stencil'd on Skateboard
8.5" X 32"
October 2010

In 2000, 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' [C.T.H.D.] grabbed Chinese cinema and threw it right into the unsuspecting faces of the western world. Those who already knew, thought: "Well it's about time." and those who were previously unaware thought: "Wow! Where the hell have I been all this time."

In a nutshell, I was 20 and completely blown away by this movie for multiple reasons:

1- The cinematography
2- The fight scenes
3- The characters
4- The costume design
5- Zhang Ziyi

Seldom have such beauty, skill [acting & fighting], charisma & screen presence come together so perfectly. I fell in love with Zhang Ziyi. Since then, I've seen most of the movies she's been in but the impact she had on me from the original C.T.H.D. has remained unmatched to this day.

Here's a skateboard I've made of her.

The original photographer is unknown to me so I'm not able to credit him/her for the image.

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment