Sunday, December 14, 2008

49


"49"
November 2008
22" X 28"

So Barack Obama won the election. But way... way... way... before Obama-mania and eveything that came with it, back in his underground days, one of my closest friends was already rooting for him... so I felt it fitting to make this painting of him and give it to him for his birthday a week after the election.
Take note that the symbol in the right hand corner is #49 from the I Ching (Book of Change) and represents "Revolution."
Also take note that I can't take all the credit for this one since it was a combined effort from myself and good friend Mark Gravel. Rather than give a link to Obama or the I Ching, I'd much rather shoot you off to Mark's website at: http://www.markgravel.com. A pleasure to work with, learn from, as well as snowboard with!

No comments:

Post a Comment