Monday, January 3, 2011

A day at the races


A day at the races
Spray paint and Acrylics on Canvas
36" X 18"
Summer 2009

I started this painting of myself a year and a half ago because I had nothing to do in between projects and wanted to keep my hands busy. I also used the opportunity to try a new background technique and a color scheme I wasn't comfortable with since I had no intention of doing anything with it after it was done. Something came up and I put it aside as an unfinished piece I planned on finishing later.

A year and a half later, it would seem that I'm not planning on getting back to it any time soon or I figure I would have already. Keeping this in mind, I've been convinced by my girlfriend to post it and to hang it in an expo, which I've done today. Maybe she's right. Maybe it's been done all along and I just didn't know it. Being someone who believes in things happening for a reason, maybe I stepped away from this because I was unknowingly done. So I've acquiesced to the idea and here it is!


The original picture is taken by Simon Lessard at the Montreal Roller Derby in the summer of 2009. I was still drinking back then [Pabst Blue Ribbon!]. These days, I don't even remember what a hangover feels like and honestly, I can't see it any other way.

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment