Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Temple

"Temple"
Spray Paint on Canvas

24" X 48"

December 2010

SOLD

December has been my busiest month [I believe] ever, custom project wise [when it rains it pours!]. Here is a piece I've been asked to make by one of my childhood friends. His brother just bought a house last year and is in the midst of giving his basement a Buddhist influenced theme... that's where I came in.

He told me his brother's birthday was coming up at the end of the month and wanted to surprise him with a painting to put over the sofa on the far wall - which is the first thing that you would see when you enter the basement living room area. He wanted a temple in earth tones. I was glad to oblige.


The reaction was priceless. My friend's brother, expecting nothing at all [let alone a painting], provided me with my first ever "dropped jaw." No matter how hard I've worked on a piece and how proud/satisfied I may be with it, there's always a little bit of nervousness when it's delivery time and a reaction like that makes all the insecurities disappear instantly. I'm honored and proud to have been given the opportunity to make his home a little more "homey."

On to the next one!

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment