Monday, October 26, 2009

Derby Girl

I have a new website!!
Please click this link to find more up to date work!


Thank you!!



"Derby Girl"
June 2009
30" X 40"
Spray Paint Stencilled on Canvas

There's a crazy phenomenon that goes on just 2-3 blocks away from my place on Saturdays during the Montreal Summer: Roller Derby!

Yes... it's coming right back... actually... it's safe to say that's it's been coming back and that now it IS back.

These events attracts all kinds of people who like beer, girls crashing into each other and other such fun-ness... Many photos are taken and I've used one of them I've found on the web to make this painting.

After some research and web-use I've found out that the girl in the picture is Dolly Destructo. She plays for the Chicks Ahoy in the Toronto Roller Derby circuit...

Also, I've found out that the photographer is Nicolas Charest and that he's not mad at me for using his photo without permission... now if only more people could put aside their ego's like that we'd all be doing much better. His website is Rollergirl.ca.

I enjoy this one a lot... and as an added bonus, it's appeared in the Hour Hitlist and will be included in a 2 page spread of my stuff in Decover Magazine Issue #2 out October 30th and availale for free in many Montreal spots.

Ok... enough name dropping...

No comments:

Post a Comment