Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gerrard



Gerrard - SOLD
[Commission Piece]
24" X 12"
Spray Paint Stencil'd on Wood
March 2010

One of my friends asked me if I could make a custom painting for her boyfriend's upcoming birthday. She said he was a huge fan on football and of Liverpool FC. I'm a big fan of the game of football but unfortunately don't have the time or patience to follow it very much. After a little more sneaky probing she was able to find out that his favorite player was Steven Gerrard. Turns out this guy is pretty well known (I had never even heard the name - my apologies to all football fans - I'd be upset if you'd never heard Mariano Rivera so I fully understand... it happens!).

That being said, I put 2 and 2 together and started work on a piece that would become 'Gerrard.'

I'm very satisfied with the end result and am I was also very happy to find out yesterday that:

1- The dude loved it
2- I now had permission to post it online (since it was a surprise)

So there... if anyone out there has had the idea of getting a custom piece done... remember that I'm always interested in stepping out of my comfort zone in terms of inspiration.

Finally... I'd like to give a big shout out to my cat Speaker for always sneaking into pictures and making the girls go "aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment