Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Number 7


The Number 7

Spray Paint Stencil'd on Skateboard
December 2010
SOLD

Here's a piece that was made custom at the end of 2010 [I had to wait to post it because it' was a gift]. Madeleine, the girl who commissioned it wanted a soccer player with the number 7 to give to her brother on his birthday. She told me he is a die-hard soccer fan and used to wear the number 7. It also turns out that her boyfriend had previously purchased one of my first ever decks a few years back. It was a very basic image of Mickey Mantle. She wanted something similar in it's look and simplicity.

So I fired up the ol' Google Image search and found this guy Bastian Schweinsteiger. I don't know anything about him except that now, our lives are forever connected in this painting I've made of him exclusively because he plays soccer and wears number 7. I hope he's not a player that people really hate or anything like that!
[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment