Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ryan Gosling [Gus-ling]

I have a new website!!
Please click this link to find more up to date work!


Thank you!!


Ryan Gus-ling
Spray Paint Stencil'd on Canvas

16" X 12"

March 2011
SOLD

Here's a little something I threw together today.

It's my version of Ryan Gosling if he had been a child born with the "sickness" from the graphic novel series Sweet Tooth by Ontario resident Jeff Lemire. The series is still ongoing and I'm finding it quite entertaining so far although it may not be everyone's cup of tea. In a post-apocalyptic rural world, kids are born with various degrees of animal mutations and the main kid character Gus is born with deer features. I will leave it at that for now and let everyone check out the series for themselves.


What I do suggest to everyone though, graphic novel lovers or not, is to pick up the Essex County trilogy which almost brought me to tears on more than one occasion. In fact, first thing tomorrow I think I'm gonna start reading it again.

Here's a link to Jeff Lemire's website where you can find info about him and his body of work as well as a link to his blog.

It's bicycle season again people... let's make some green love!

DISCLAIMER: The title of this post was such a cheesy play on words that I simply had to do it... bad puns are the new good puns!

[...]

1 comment: