Monday, June 13, 2011

Marie-Anne


Marie-Anne
Mixed Medium on Skateboard
32" X 8"

May 2011

SOLD

I was sent a few pictures from around the world by my amazing friend Rachel in my last Open Call and I finally got around to using one of them. I've been meaning to for the longest time since she's been one of my very first supporters. The picture I've used was taken while she was living in Montreal a few years ago.


For this piece, I started with a blank deck that was originally stained yellow by the manufacturer. I cut out a shallow groove to create the illusion of a rectangular frame and then sanded the surrounding area down to its original wood grain color. Once this was done I painted inside the frame and stained outside of it. It was my first time ever using wood stain [it's never too late!] and I'm psyched to incorporate it in my work in the future.

I hope you all enjoy it. It's currently hanging at Studio Bizz Iberville at 2488 Mont-Royal East until the end of the month and then it's being shipped out to Rachel who's decided she had to have it as soon as she saw it.


Of course, in the future, or present, if you'd like to send me your pictures you may continue to do so at any time at P.Summind@gmail.com. As usual, there's not guarantee I will use them but I'm always happy to receive random images from people and see what can be done. Thanks in advance for playing along!

On that note, take care of yourselves and loved ones and have yourselves a wonderful week. Don't be shy to share this blog with your friends & leave comments on the posts.

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment