Monday, February 2, 2009

Bukowski

"Bukowski"
February 2009
20" X 24"
Spray Paint on Canvas

RAFFLED

The first book I ever read by Charles Bukowski was Hollywood. In hindsight, it wasn't the best to start with when compared to Ham on Rye or Women or Post Office, but then again, the mere fact that it made me want to read much more made it a choice that was just fine in the end.

25+ books later, I guess it's now safe to say he's my favorite writer of all time but I'm still not sure how to explain why... so I won't.

I have been trying to think of a quote of his to add to this painting but haven't been able to find one. Actually, I have found many but haven't been able to decide on one. Maybe it will come to me later on but for now I have decided to leave this piece 99% done for now and move on.

Find out more about Charles Bukowski here.

No comments:

Post a Comment