Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marilyn



"Marilyn"

February 2009
20" X 16"
Spray Paint on Wood

An icon for reasons I've never been able to fully comprehend (mostly since I've only read about her and not lived in her era), Marilyn shook up the world and continues to do so via every young blond bombshell who uses her looks and charisma in order to get what she wants.

I can't say I agree with these tactics, but, having used my own charisma to obtain things and favors in the past (as well as the future), I can't really hate. It just seems much harder for men to get away with this... but this is a discussion for a whole other forum.

So in the spirit of getting to the point, here is, without further ado... The All-American girl who bagged Joe DiMaggio and played with Mickey Mantle's emotions: Marilyn Monroe.

I concede to you proactively that this is not the most original subject, but that it was done in a period of boredom and obviously not with revolutionary intentions.

Also, since most people know about Ms. Monroe already, I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest a Mickey Mantle biography written as a novel in a very clever and uncompromising manner. Any fan of baseball, of The Mick, of drinking and women and sex and made up details about other people's lives should read this book. If taken for what it is, a novel, it's a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment